Relaxing and Mineral Rich Hot Cocoa
We all love hot cocoa. Because, like, what's not to love?!?!?! It's creamy, warm, sweet, delicious.....
but also, if you're having "regular" then you're also having a TON of sugar and probably some dehydrated milk (which I dont recommend to anyone because the dehydration process oxidizes the cholesterol rendering it toxic), and maybe a few other funny ingredients.
have no fear!
I came up with this suuuuper yummy recipe a few years ago when I was just jonesin' for some hot cocoa, but I wanted it to be nutrient dense and awesome.
Thus, Mineral Rich Hot Cocoa was born :)
Here's the recipe:
1 TB raw cacao powder
2 ts pure vanilla extract
2-4 TB Grade B (or Dark Amber) Maple Syrup
1-2 ts pumpkin pie mix
1 pinch cardamon
1/4 cup coconut cream
2 TB almond milk
1. Scoop the spoonful of raw cacao powder into your mug
2. Pour the pure vanilla extract into your mug
3. Pour 3 spoonfuls of maple syrup into your mug
4. Add the pumpkin pie mix and cardamon
5. Add boiling/hot water 3/4 to the top of the mug and stir until everything is dissolved
6. Add about 1/4 cup of coconut cream/milk
7. Add about 3 tablespoons of almond milk, if desired.
Of course, I think it's valid to remind you that I never measure anything so these measurements are more of guidelines than "musts"
IF you want to mess around with it, go for it!
Here's the video where I explain all about why it's so bomb, how the magnesium, cinnamon (from the pumpkin pie spice), and good fats all work together to help your body just chill the heck out and drift off into a delightful slumber... :) :)