Unbelievable Sauteed Smoky Jalapenos over Lemony Onions!
The first time I had these I couldn't get over how good they were.
And then I got super frustrated because I couldn't figure out how to make them myself! Alas, with patience and enough pestering (the person who brought them to my house originally) i figured it out and now it's down to an easy peasy science. lucky for you!
They're just so good, its weird.
Aaaaand I'll teach you how to make them as spicy or as mild as you want!
If you dont want your mouth on fire, you can still totes enjoy the savory smokiness!
5 medium jalapenos
3-4 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large sweet onion
Juice of 1 large lemon
optional: 3 pre-peeled garlic cloves
salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse your jalapenos and then cut two 2-inch slits lengthwise down the peppers.
2.Put the oil into your pan and turn the fire on to a medium low flame
3. Toss the peppers into the pan and let them simmer for about 25 minutes, turning the peppers over every 5 minutes or so, so that all the sides get kind of blistered.
4. While the jalapenos are cooking, chop up the onion and put them on a nice plate.
5. Squeeze the lemon juice all over onions and then sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
6. Once the Jalapenos are ready, place them on top of the onions, and then pour the leftover oil from the pan all over the onions. Serve. Delicious warm or cold. Boom!
Here's our video: