Honestly, I'm not sure whether to call this Eggplant Dip or Salad, but whatever it is, its really good!
It was kind of a mistake, but aren't all the best creations?!
It basically happened when I realized the trick to avoiding having to salt eggplant because #AintNobodyGotTimeFotThat and that what I loved most about Eggplant Parmesan was actually the eggplant + tomato combination.
So this was my concoction to meet that lovely flavor and dang it came out good :)
2-4 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 yellow onion
2 long Chinese Eggplants (they're long and skinny, not fat and wide. This matters!)
1/4 - 1/2 head of green cabbage
1/4 cup tomato sauce (I use the Trader Joe's organic one)
1-2 ts salt
1/2 TB 21 Seasonings Salute
1 ts garlic powder
1/2 Tb nutritional yeast
1/2 bag of baby spinach
1. Chop your onion into little squares and throw it in a big saute pan with the EVOO
2 . While its sauteing chop up your eggplant into little squares, about a centimeter wide.
3. Throw in the eggplant and salt, add more oil if you need to and then stir everything together.
4. While it sautees thinly slice your cabbage. 5. Add in the other spices (and stir for about 30 seconds, but you don't have to) then add in the tomato sauce and stir.
6. Add in the sliced cabbage and stir again and then put a top on the pan until the cabbage just starts to wilt, about 1 minute.
7. Stir in the baby spinach and let it wilt (just takes about 30 seconds at most) and htne serve immediately!